Sunshowers and Flowers

29Calico1

24Yard2

24Yard1

29Himma1

25NightNight1

29Cake2

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who purchased a new kit, or pattern, or supply, or all of the above!!! Stacey is here packing up kits and getting them on their ways to you as I write. I am so excited for these critters to get out into the world. I've been hanging out with them so much these past few months that it is kind of an indescribable feeling to watch them leave the nest. It really is. I love it, and am more grateful for your enthusiasm and support than I can truly ever say. Thank you very, very much. I think we've finally figured out how to make up quantities that don't give me a huge stomach ache of anxiety, too, either because there are too many or too few. I feel like the quantities are just right this time — we still have a good number of kits that I expect will get us through the summer in most of the fabrics; everything was ordered very evenly, and things like make that me so happy.

Thank you also for every single kind comment about the new web site and blog design! I truly appreciate them! Some people are not as happy as I am about the new designs, but I absolutely love them. I think both designs fit me and where I am in my life and work right now just perfectly. I expect I will probably still want to tweak the font and background color a bit for readability after I sit with it a while, and have some time to think. But in general I think both of the designs are simple and pretty and plain and clean, and that is exactly what I wanted. I like the larger photos, and I'm very happy to have the flowers that I drew and my special bunny (who was originally inspired by a snippet in a turn-of-the-century Swedish embroidery pamphlet that my friend Jeanne-Marie found in her grandma's attic, and sent to me when I was working on my embroidery book — I used him in that book and on Mimi's first Christmas stocking, in case you recognize him!) included. I know change is hard for some people, but after nine solid years of blogging on the exact same template (that I didn't ever really like in the first place, but I didn't have the skills to change much) I, at least, am beyond excited to start using something pretty and new.

Right now I need to run and finish the cake that's just come out of the oven and is cooling on the rack. It's Mr. Andy Paulson's forty-third birthday today, and I've got big plans with my sweetest little loves for picnics and playgrounds and presents. xoxo

***Yes, that is Greta's incredible rose-and-raspberry tattoo. (We love you, G. Have a very safe trip and text me when you get to Ohio, dear, dear girl. xoxo)

Whose fabulous floral tattoo is that?

Kristy L. says: May 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Happy Birthday to Andy! We are the same age! Woot woot! Give him some big wet birthday smooches for me and have a fun evening. For the record, I love your new blog and everything about it. You just have to keep doing what you love and not worry about the nay sayers. Change is good-it's all good!

Oh, and I love the new design! Clean and simple is lovely.

Penelope says: May 29, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Beautiful--- all around..... Xox!!!

I LOVE the new design, it's beautiful.

Happy Birthday Mr. Paulson! I know your girls will spoil you with riches!

I love the new look! I think it is just fantastic! That tattoo is awesome and very inspiring! :-)

Happy Birthday to Andy!
blessings
~*~

Happy birthday to Andy! I was surprised that people were so vocal with their disapproval. I felt for you. This is your space and it's as beautiful as ever.

I absolutely adore Amelia's raincoat! And her boots, pigtails, and the new site design, and the fox that is happily leaving the nest en route to me. Hope y'all have a great celebration. Chocolate cake is a good sign.

I love the new clean format. It really showcases your photos. They always were eye candy. And now they look even better with a clean place to spread them. Best birthday wishes.

Oh, and the rabbit is my favorite part!

carlene says: May 29, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I like it a lot. Less 2005. Less foofy. You don't seem like a foofy kind of girl (although I think people seem to like you in that box), so good call.

Happy Birthday Andy! I really like the new website design, missed the rabbit on my first look. Now the hyper-nurse in me has to ask, do you have window guards?

Jane in FL says: May 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Happy Birthday Andy!

I love the new blog land website designs - very pretty! I love your banners as well!

Amelia is getting so big! What a doll!

Happy Birthday to Andy!

Happy birthday to your dear Andy!
The new blog design is so pretty, Alicia.
The color is just -- you. So nice. So sweet.
I love the new, clean format.
Thank you for working so hard for us, your readers.
This may be a gift for you, but it is for us, as well.
Hope the days events are fun and blissful.

Happy Birthday Andy!

Congrats, Alicia on the success of your new animals!

mrsbris says: May 29, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I absolutely lurve the new site and the kits! The site loads up much quicker than before too and that's always a bonus.

Happy birthday Andy too!

*H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* Andy! I hope we get to see photos of your birthday celebration. Alicia, I adore your new look - it's fun to grow and change. Your design is a reflection of your art and choices - bravo to you to make it happen. I'm excited to get my Mr. Basil Fox kit!!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

I love your new blog design! I think it's perfectly you. It's funny how you form a thought or picture of what someone is like by just reading their blog for years... I think it's fresh and pretty.

And Amelia...she is so cute! Her expressions are so sweet. I wish some of her clothes were in big girl sizes. :)

Jennifer Hudson says: May 29, 2014 at 01:05 PM

You are absolutely right, this is YOUR blog and I am more than delighted that you stay true to your self when it comes to it. After all its why we love reading it. I personally love the designs ( I am however bias when it comes to bunny rabbits having two house rabbits running around) as you said the only thing I might consider is the back ground color as it is a bit hard to read when you sit and stare as I do. Again thank you so much for everything to do including your latest post even though you have been so busya

Happy birthday to your husband.

Chris Porter says: May 29, 2014 at 01:22 PM

What fabulous photos! I love your knitting BTW - so pretty. x

My friend and I just visited Portland last weekend (From Wyoming!) I love seeing the stumptown beans, and we really loved riding around the streets which seem to show up in your blog.
And, I just made that cake yesterday!?!? It kept showing up in blogland so I thought it was worth a try....we had it with apricot jam and homemade whipped cream. I really love your blog, and wish I had your daughter's hair :)

Alicia, the new blog is really beautiful. I agree-it's clean and bright, and I love the bigger photos. Really, it's perfect and it's you. People will adjust to the change, I'm sure!

I love your new designs, Alicia; I think they suit you very well. :)

I cannot wait to get my hands on Miss Juniper Kitty and Mr Basil Fox. They will be wonderful gifts for a couple of special children this Christmas... Thank you so much for putting the kits together. xo