Calicozy ComfyQuilt Top Kits Now Available! SOLD OUT

UPDATE: Thank you beyond words to everyone who ordered and tried to order today. We sold through 2,266 strips of fabric today in minutes. I am speechless and mildly catatonic right now, and am very sorry that not everyone was able to get a kit. I know that some people are very disappointed, and that is never, ever my intention. Please know that I do hear you and am so grateful for your efforts, and we will definitely be making some more. Thank you so, so much.

XOXOX, Alicia

Recently I decided to make myself a throw quilt out of my very favorite calicos from the 1980s and 1990s β€” tiny, charming floral prints from my childhood and early adulthood that remain, for me, the epitome of fabric sweetness. It turned out to be so pretty that I began collecting similar vintage fabrics so that I could offer quilt-top kits, along with a pattern, to make a quilt-comforter like mine.

SmallBeauty2jpg

This quilt is set on-point, so the square patches actually display as diamonds. It is designed to be turned inside out instead of bound, tied at each patch intersection, and filled with a poufy, inexpensive comforter from Ikea (though you can use batting, if you like). The Ikea comforter can be purchased both at the Ikea store and on-line.

Small Beautyjpg

Please note that these sizes are smaller than standard quilts or comforters. Modeled after old-fashioned eiderdowns, this quilt is meant to sit mostly on top of your mattress, and doesn’t have a long overhang.

SmallBeauty3jpg

The approximate finished sizes are: Toddler 42" x 58" (107cm x 147cm); Throw 58" x 58" (147cm x 147cm); Twin 58" x 80" (147cm x 203cm); Full/Queen 80" x 80" (203cm x 203cm); King 101" x 80" (257cm x 203cm).

CoverBeautyjpg

To make the Calicozy ComfyQuilt, you will need to purchase the Calicozy ComfyQuilt PDF pattern, available only as a digital download, HERE.

And then if you are interested, you can purchase a quilt-top kit (please note that the kits are for the TOP ONLY) in one of several colorways, shown below. Click on each image to be taken to my web shop where you may purchase a kit for one of five sizes.

MEADOWSWEET

SUMMERNIGHT

SummernightFlat660

VERBENA

VerbenaFlat660

ROSEWOOD

WoodroseFlat660

Please note that the virtual tops shown here are an approximation of the prints and solids you will receive with this quilt-top kit. The kit you receive will include vintage cotton calicos and non-vintage cotton solid fabrics already cut for you into 4.25" (11cm) strips. Because these print fabrics are vintage and available in limited supply, you may not receive every fabric pictured, but you will receive 15 unique fabrics that are consistent with the overall colorway presented. Each kit includes enough fabric to make the top for each quilt size as described. I believe that all of the print fabrics are vintage, and 100% cotton, but I can't absolutely guarantee it.

We do ship overseas! To place your order, you will be required to read this information, which contains details about international shipping and customs fees you may incur when ordering outside the U.S. (If you are overseas, the shipping cost charged by Posie does not include any further charges you may incur when importing goods.) To see the shipping-only costs for your order and location, just place the items in your cart and choose your location (or enter your zip code, if you are in the U.S.) and it will tell you how much the shipping is. As usual, I have a sincere request: Please check on and update your shipping address correctly in your Paypal preferences so that there is no confusion when we go to ship. If you do need to add things to your order or change your address after you've placed the order, just email me and we'll figure it out, no worries! I just like to remind people of this ahead of time, because it's a bit easier.

Also, because the inventory is a bit of a moving target this time -- how many kits in any size we can sell depends on how many kits in other sizes we sell, as there is a total number of prints available for each colorway, and I will be babysitting the numbers to adjust inventory offerings in real time β€” we will refund shipping overages (if there are any) on an individual basis, after everything has shipped.

Thank you, as always, for your enthusiasm for and interest in my work and in these kits. I have never done a kit quite like this before and I am very excited about this!

If you have any questions, leave them in the comments and I will get back to you here. Thank you!

Whew! That had to be crazy. We're on vacation and I tried to watch the time. Checked too early at first and went about my day. Then just as we were pulling up to a quilt shop, I checked again only for it to be too late. So I hopped out of the car and proceeded to buy a stack ful of posiesque fabrics and im looking forward to buying the pattern when we get home. :D Through the years you have been amazingly generous with your time, your talents, and basically your life. This, I'm sure, was no small feat. I may not have scored a quilt kit, but it doesn't stop me from trying to make our lives at home a bit more beautiful with your inspiration. So thank you for that. :)

Perhaps a pre-order system for the next batch? You could have a cut-off deadline for the orders, which would make things manageable on your end.

But congratulations on such a successful sale!

Obviously as I am here a day late, I was not buying but I wanted to tell you that in the very bottom "swatch" I spied a print my mom used in the 80s. It was her diaper bag for both my brothers. It made me smile.

Your color sense is lovely. I think it is very brave of you to make these kits and sell them. I work at an LYS and kits are a lot of work. But these colors are giving me great ideas for knitting projects, potential colors for hand dyed yarn and maybe I will tackle a patch work quilt. Good excuse for me to buy those prints that make me happy.

Thanks for the inspiration.

As always thank you for all your work in designing and choosing and making the pattern available. I didn't try to buy a kit but I really admire them and once I've made inroads on all the knitting projects I have sitting on my conscience I will buy the pattern. In the meantime I will enjoy thinking about colour schemes. Well done on the success of this project.

Denise Sirk says: March 22, 2017 at 02:22 PM

Wow! Just wow. I was about 10 minutes too late to get a kit, but I did purchase the pattern and will now resort to cutting my own strips. I'm so happy for you, Alicia! I just love everything you create and I love following your beautiful family. I enjoy relaxing and reading your blog and admiring your photography. Good luck to you and hopefully you can offer some more kits in the near future!

Alicia...! You're amazing! That's all I got... you're just amazing! 2, 266! Lol! I love ya. You rock.!.

Amazing. I have one request...please don't quit writing your beautiful posts to do quilts full time! I would miss you too much! Congratulations. 🎊

Gris fleur says: March 23, 2017 at 08:06 AM

What would be a lovely idea to thank Alicia is sending her a picture of the quilt we've made with her pdf download pattern !

I was going to buy a couple of kits but wasn't fast enough on the computer. But you have inspired me to go through my own stash of fabric and make unique quilts for my granddaughters with your pattern. Thank you for sharing your pattern which I know will be beautifully written like your other patterns. Congratulations on the success of your latest endeavor!

Beautiful colours! Did they really sell out that fast to multiple individuals or has someone bought the entire collection? Lol. Love the idea of using an IKEA comforter, exactly what I've been searching for! At least I came away with something! 😊 Good job on all that work!

I got the pattern and maybe someone someday can make me one! :) I know that I surely can not make it, at least not yet. Someday I may learn to quilt. Congratulations on the success!! They are all beautiful!

Mary Ann in Vermont says: March 24, 2017 at 05:25 AM

I cannot stop thinking of you, Alicia. I know you are the sweetest, most caring and loving person and I am very concerned that you are feeling sad. I can ONLY imagine how long and hard you worked on these kits. I want for you to feel proud and cared for and loved. Very please, let us know you are okay, My Dear.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

What beautiful kits. Wish I quilted!! Congrats on such an overwhelming success.

Patricia Showe says: March 24, 2017 at 02:10 PM

Alicia, You are such a joy to so many. I love your ideas, inspiration, and patterns and kits. I couldn't be happier that you had such excellent success. I did get the pattern, and, as I expected, it was beautifully detailed and full of great tips and information. I wasn't able to get a kit but I feel that the pattern has made me quite happy. Thank you dear Alicia for your lovely writing, and all you do.

P.S. You know, you are so well loved by so many, it's possible you might have never been able to have enough kits for everyone!! I hope you're getting well-deserved rest and relaxing.

Since I am a quilter, I had no intention of buying, but am thrilled that you have made a person's first foray into quilting so easy. And delighted that you have had such success, even if some people were disappointed. Hopefully everyone will remember that the Posie simple quilt pattern can be easily replicated, if not with those exact fabrics, then by ones very similar and personal to the quilter herself.

Beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous! I love quilts, but feel intimidated by the thought of actually making one myself. Hoping to get inspired to take the, reading your posts about it! :)

Kristen from MA says: March 24, 2017 at 07:15 PM

Congratulations on all of your quilty success, Alicia. I can't imagine how much work must have gone into sorting them all out. And congrats on having spring. We had snow squalls today and are supposed to have more this weekend, but I'm not bitter. (I am bitter. πŸ˜‰)

Lois Clark says: March 25, 2017 at 08:40 AM

I was so disappointed not getting one of your kits! I just don't have a good eye for putting fabrics together,but by the time I got off work, and I was at work before sale time, they were gone! Perhaps, when you do another batch, it can be later in the day, or on a Saturday. East coast time is.... on a happier note, I love your blog-the only one I read! Your home is so inviting, and family so cute! Your photos make me so nostalgic, and I admire your talent, creativity and strength!

Do you have a Hobby Lobby in your area? I went to ours recently ( backing for a Posie inspired Calicozy comforter!) and was astonish to see many old calico prints that looked just like your quilt! I also spotted a couple of prints that my sisters and I wore as dresses. There are a few online at Hobby Lobby, but not as many as our local store.
Just thought I would pass on that tip! Love your blog!