Calicozy ComfyQuilt Top Kits Now Available! SOLD OUT

UPDATE: Thank you beyond words to everyone who ordered and tried to order today. We sold through 2,266 strips of fabric today in minutes. I am speechless and mildly catatonic right now, and am very sorry that not everyone was able to get a kit. I know that some people are very disappointed, and that is never, ever my intention. Please know that I do hear you and am so grateful for your efforts, and we will definitely be making some more. Thank you so, so much.

XOXOX, Alicia

Recently I decided to make myself a throw quilt out of my very favorite calicos from the 1980s and 1990s — tiny, charming floral prints from my childhood and early adulthood that remain, for me, the epitome of fabric sweetness. It turned out to be so pretty that I began collecting similar vintage fabrics so that I could offer quilt-top kits, along with a pattern, to make a quilt-comforter like mine.

SmallBeauty2jpg

This quilt is set on-point, so the square patches actually display as diamonds. It is designed to be turned inside out instead of bound, tied at each patch intersection, and filled with a poufy, inexpensive comforter from Ikea (though you can use batting, if you like). The Ikea comforter can be purchased both at the Ikea store and on-line.

Small Beautyjpg

Please note that these sizes are smaller than standard quilts or comforters. Modeled after old-fashioned eiderdowns, this quilt is meant to sit mostly on top of your mattress, and doesn’t have a long overhang.

SmallBeauty3jpg

The approximate finished sizes are: Toddler 42" x 58" (107cm x 147cm); Throw 58" x 58" (147cm x 147cm); Twin 58" x 80" (147cm x 203cm); Full/Queen 80" x 80" (203cm x 203cm); King 101" x 80" (257cm x 203cm).

CoverBeautyjpg

To make the Calicozy ComfyQuilt, you will need to purchase the Calicozy ComfyQuilt PDF pattern, available only as a digital download, HERE.

And then if you are interested, you can purchase a quilt-top kit (please note that the kits are for the TOP ONLY) in one of several colorways, shown below. Click on each image to be taken to my web shop where you may purchase a kit for one of five sizes.

MEADOWSWEET

SUMMERNIGHT

SummernightFlat660

VERBENA

VerbenaFlat660

ROSEWOOD

WoodroseFlat660

Please note that the virtual tops shown here are an approximation of the prints and solids you will receive with this quilt-top kit. The kit you receive will include vintage cotton calicos and non-vintage cotton solid fabrics already cut for you into 4.25" (11cm) strips. Because these print fabrics are vintage and available in limited supply, you may not receive every fabric pictured, but you will receive 15 unique fabrics that are consistent with the overall colorway presented. Each kit includes enough fabric to make the top for each quilt size as described. I believe that all of the print fabrics are vintage, and 100% cotton, but I can't absolutely guarantee it.

We do ship overseas! To place your order, you will be required to read this information, which contains details about international shipping and customs fees you may incur when ordering outside the U.S. (If you are overseas, the shipping cost charged by Posie does not include any further charges you may incur when importing goods.) To see the shipping-only costs for your order and location, just place the items in your cart and choose your location (or enter your zip code, if you are in the U.S.) and it will tell you how much the shipping is. As usual, I have a sincere request: Please check on and update your shipping address correctly in your Paypal preferences so that there is no confusion when we go to ship. If you do need to add things to your order or change your address after you've placed the order, just email me and we'll figure it out, no worries! I just like to remind people of this ahead of time, because it's a bit easier.

Also, because the inventory is a bit of a moving target this time -- how many kits in any size we can sell depends on how many kits in other sizes we sell, as there is a total number of prints available for each colorway, and I will be babysitting the numbers to adjust inventory offerings in real time — we will refund shipping overages (if there are any) on an individual basis, after everything has shipped.

Thank you, as always, for your enthusiasm for and interest in my work and in these kits. I have never done a kit quite like this before and I am very excited about this!

If you have any questions, leave them in the comments and I will get back to you here. Thank you!

Margaret Bergen says: March 21, 2017 at 11:10 AM

Please don't feel bad about any of the unhappy comments! You did an absolutely marvelous job, everything so beautiful, and such lovely names too! <3

Congratulations Alicia. Another beautiful product. I have downloaded the pattern and as usual with your work, the pattern is clearly laid out and I think even a beginner could follow it-I wish I had something as clear as this when I began quilting a few years ago.
I always love your work. You have an amazing eye and a great skill in colour combinations. I'm pleased it has been such a big success for you. Your blog is enjoyed by many people on both sides of the Atlantic and you deserve to see some reward for all your effort.

Nancy Mosley says: March 21, 2017 at 11:19 AM

Wow, that is great that you sold out so quickly - but not so fun for all those left out! :( That shows you have a great following of friends that support you. Hopefully there will be other kits for those still wanting one.

These are just great. I have some fabrics in my stash that would be perfect in something like this, and would be even more "me" than these particular calicos, so I'm happy to be able to buy the pattern. I've never done a tied quilt, but they look so cute! You clearly put a lot of time and love into this effort and I'm glad there was so much interest!

You are amazing! These are beautiful. Thank you as always.

Laura Smartt says: March 21, 2017 at 12:32 PM

Well, make hay while the sun shines! LOL! Sorry to have missed the kits but there is still the pattern. Lovely, Lovely.

These are lovely. I stupidly swithered over size and missed out. In the meantime I'll buy the pattern and perhaps select my own materials as I'm in the Uk anyway. Well done on selling out so fast! (Saying that through gritted teeth!!) thanks for the inspiration. X

Was looking forward to order one...since I am living on the other side of the world I missed the moment the webside was opened for sale. So sad - hopefully there will be another chance.

Faith proctor says: March 21, 2017 at 01:28 PM

Would you ever consider taking pre orders? The quilts are just lovely!

Came back to say - is it weird that I want to see pictures of the process? Like stacks of fabric on every surface? You owe us none of that of course :) I am just the type that loves that sort of thing.

When the kits went on sale it was 3.30am here in Australia and my husband wouldn't let me set the alarm as he didn't want to be woken up! I knew the kits would sell out fast but was hoping there would be some left when we got up at 5am. Unfortunately not, so next time I will definitely be setting the alarm. Congratulations on your success!

These are so so so wonderful and the love and patience you clearly put into them is inspiring! Would also love to see pictures of the process if you're willing to share <3 Grateful that you're willing to share your talents with the world!

Sheryl Collier says: March 21, 2017 at 02:28 PM

I have no idea how you managed to sort all this out but well done. I would have loved to buy a kit but, have settled happily for a pattern and like Denise above, will be shopping my stash of fabrics ( some leftover bits from my daughters dresses) and have screenshot my favourite colour ways. As always, your patterns are lovely. So pleased for you xx

Susan Sherrer says: March 21, 2017 at 02:37 PM

I was bummed when I couldn't get online quickly enough because I had to take my son to his orthodontist appt. so I was happy to hear that you would be making more kits. Thank you, Alicia -- I know it's a lot of work and congratulations to everyone who bought a kit!

Thank you SO much for all your hard work. It is wonderful to see how many of us love your projects and what you produce -- so much so that we want to do it, too. If you wouldn't mind a small suggestion: perhaps the shop software could be modified in such a way that once an item is in the cart, it is "locked" in and not "whisked" away while you're in the middle of filling out the shipping information. I hate to suggest anything, because you've already done so much. You should be very proud of what you done and what you've offered us. I am very grateful for all that you do.

You did an amazing job getting that many kits out! Dont feel bad you made many people very happy im sure.

I am curious... so many of us were stunned at how quickly you sold out, so some of us are wondering - did people buy several kits? If so, in the future, would you please consider putting a limit on the number of kits one person can purchase? Like TWO! But then again - we could be wrong and there were just a whole bunch of people perched and ready at 9:30!

By some miracle I actually got the one I wanted in the size I wanted. I was even chatting with someone and realized it was 9:32! (I had been refreshing my phone obsessively, so at least I was ready then!) I'm sorry for everyone who missed out. Thank you for making these beautiful kits out of your collected vintage fabric!

Denise Briese says: March 21, 2017 at 05:01 PM

Wow if you job and have to work a job out of luck

Holy cow! Congratulations! Everything you create is so gorgeous!! Obviously I'm not your only fan. :)

Thanks for your update! I'm so glad you'll be selling more quilt kits at some point. I'm not at all surprised they went so fast, as they were beautiful. Don't feel too bad about those of us who were disappointed. I'm sure, though we are disappointed, we are all so happy for you! You deserved something like this to happen!

Sad that these sold out sooooo fast, but I am happy for you too! Hopefully, you may have more kits down the road. You have a wonderful "following" and we love all that you do! I did purchase the pattern and now, go get some rest!

Far too many pennies (for me personally - I have a v low budget as well as being overseas, so I was never in the market place . I know how expensive fabric actually is though). My preference was wild rhubarb, which looks delightfully pretty to me and I enjoy its lovely name too. I hope people lucky enough to get one, enjoy making them and have many years of comfort from the finished quilts.

Cart jacking is inevitable and is part and parcel of online buying and is no ones fault. I don't think there is any system to avoid it and it happens everywhere. Sadly just one of those things. I've seen many people get upset over it when very popular people have updates on their stores. There is always the pdf pattern and the thrill of choosing your own fabrics. I do understand people wanting the 'posie' quilt though. People should not take their disappointment too personally. Perhaps they will be fortunate next time.

I'll be enjoying seeing these finished real life versions springing up everywhere and will be interested to see my own favourite when someone finishes it.

Well done for getting it right once again. There must always feel like an element of risk in a big undertaking like this. I think though that everything you do has a golden approval from us all though. It must have been a huge amount of work. Glad that it has been another success for you. But really, sold out in 4 mins (as some have stated) - that's amazing isn't it?

Lynn Marie says: March 22, 2017 at 05:22 AM

WOW! So happy for you! It was like a magic trick--POOF they were gone! I know so many were terribly disappointed but this is after all why you are in business--to sell your inventory. It is just that we are all so wildly NUTZ about it. Congrats!

You go Girl! This project must have been a TON of work and I'm glad to see it has been fruitful for you. I knew it would be. You know I hardly ever miss a kit, but I decided to skip this since, thanks to your encouragement and prior patterns and tutorials, I feel like I've got a handle on putting together a quilt without a kit. Not saying others don't as there are tons of reasons why this was a great offering; it appeals to everyone from beginners to experts who simply admire your eye for design. Now that I think about it I WILL buy a pattern since they are always helpful with sizing, etc.

I think it was a great idea to put the previews up in advance, especially since there wasn't much time for people to choose. I know if I were in the market I would appreciate the extra time to look over the choices. I do feel for those who missed out. If it were an embroidery, cross-stitch or ornament kit that I missed out on I would still be in mourning. But good heavens, I wouldn't be mad.

Congratulations, again. You are kind to be empathetic but please allow yourself the happiness that this HUGE success should bring.