Quilt Kits Coming on Tuesday, March 21st

15Flowers1

Hello, loves. I hope all is well where you are. It's dark and warm and rainy here this morning, and these are the only blossoms I could find, so far, on our plum tree. It's about three weeks late in blooming, and I feel about three weeks late with these kits, so, there you go — my plum and I are finally coming around. Andy finally has several days off in a row, starting tomorrow, and I'm planning to wrap up the details on these during that time. We will have eight different colorways of quilt-top kits in every size, from toddler to king. I've made "virtual" quilts for you to see approximately what fabrics you will be getting; these are meant to be a general display of the fifteen different prints and three solids included in any given colorway. You may not get every fabric pictured, but you will get a few others consistent with my overall vision for each one — I've tried mightily to build individual kits that align with the basic integrity of the virtual quilt pictured.

We've cut all of the fabric into 4.25" strips for you. (You'll cut the strips into squares yourself.) Since every size kit has a different total number of print fabric strips and a different total number of solids included, I've worked out an algorithm that will apply to every size as far as pricing goes. I plan to babysit the inventory, so that, no matter what sells, we will make all of the sizes available until we run out of the total number of prints that we have for any particular colorway.

The pattern itself will be available as a digital download only, so even if you are purchasing a quilt-top kit you will also have to purchase the PDF pattern. We are not printing these. You don't have to purchase a kit to make use of the pattern, either. The pattern is very detailed in telling you exactly what you need to make one of these quilts, so you can use fabric from your own stash. As with almost all of the kinds of quilts I make, the fabric placement is completely random, so this is a good project for beginners.

Okay! Any questions, please ask and I'll address them in my post about these kits on Tuesday. Have a good weekend, dear friends! XOXO

tracy mchugh says: March 15, 2017 at 11:36 AM

so looking forward!!!

Sheryl Collier says: March 15, 2017 at 11:54 AM

You have put so much work into these kits Alicia! Am looking forward to them very much x

Woman, you are a wonder!
I still can't make myself clear the mess off my desk, or finish unpacking from when we moved in here 7 years ago, but here you go, again, with your grace and talents, determination and moxie, and as usual... you will, no doubt, make us all delightfully impressed and inspired. Cheers for you! Cheers for good works, and beautiful making!

I am a relatively newbie at sewing (I've crocheted for years). I've made some rabbits, hats, and other small stuff. I have wanted to make a quilt so bad but just the thought of cutting all of the fabric is mind numbing to me. I think I am going to order a queen to try my hand at it. You cutting the majority of it is half the battle right? :)(That's what I keep telling myself anyways)

Oh Joy! I can hardly wait - thank you so very much!

So very excited! We'll be on day one of our first family camping trip in our new travel trailer when the kits go on sale. I've never prayed for wifi so hard! Fingers crossed, eagerly waiting.

Heather W says: March 15, 2017 at 03:35 PM

that was a whole lot of math! haha!

Jennifer Bauman says: March 15, 2017 at 04:42 PM

I can't wait to see the quilts! I second the above commenter, on the amount of work and thought you've put into these. I think you have such a good eye for color. I made one of your quilt patterns as my first quilt, and I love it

Ohhhh, How exciting! I have been looking forward since you first suggested this as a project. Your colors are always so pretty!

Oh thank you so much for all you've done for these kits from lovingly curating the fabric bundles to all the cutting and pattern writing. I'm so excited to finally snag a kit that will make a "posie" quilt, because you have such a distinct style with the colors and prints you combine. We will all be impatiently waiting for Tuesday to arrive.

(pitter-pat)💓 I am waiting with Joy~!

Oh i'm so looking forward to these!

Linda gerig says: March 16, 2017 at 08:23 AM

Are there pictures of quilt somewhere in blog?

You are so amazing!!! All the things you've done and continue to do.......oh my gosh! Including today you used "algorithm" confidently in a sentence. 😄 Love you 😘 💕💕💕💕

Catherine says: March 16, 2017 at 09:38 AM

I would love to know what time on Tuesday--I just can't wait for this project--so much love in it!

I can't wait to see your beautiful quilt offerings! I am finishing a quilt for my daughter's bed (twin size) but would love a quilt for our king bed. Thank you for creating these kits!

SO Excited !!!!!
I have not made a quilt in years ..... but very excited to make one of these !!!!!!
Thank You so much ..... will be waiting with Joyful anticipation !!!!!!!

Beritbunny says: March 16, 2017 at 10:50 AM

Any chance we could see a colorway preview before Tuesday? I like to "sleep on" choices.

Michaelanne Neal says: March 16, 2017 at 12:51 PM

What Penelope said!!! Youre awesome!

I'm in line with everyone else waiting patiently to see your quilt offerings. I'll be trying to decide which size to get. I also wanted to say your pictures in the last several postings are wonderful. You have been knitting up a storm for sweet Amelia. All the sweaters are lovely! Very impressive. :-)

Laura Shaver says: March 16, 2017 at 06:46 PM

How exciting!!! I can't wait!!! Thanks for being so dedicated to your love of making pretty things.

What joy to see what you have put together! Looking so forward to it ♥

BARB CHRISMAN says: March 16, 2017 at 09:32 PM

I cannot wait for Tuesday !!!!!

Lynn Marie says: March 17, 2017 at 04:56 AM

The scope of this project that you have undertaken boggles my mind! All the sizes and colorways that you are providing!!! I am sure that each and every one made will be a treasure.

So excited for this!!!