More Calicozy ComfyQuilt Top Kits -- Sold Out

***Update: All kits in this batch are now sold out — thank you!!!

Recently I decided to make myself a throw quilt out of my very favorite calicos from the 1980s and 1990s — tiny, charming floral prints from my childhood and early adulthood that remain, for me, the epitome of fabric sweetness. It turned out to be so pretty that I began collecting similar vintage fabrics so that I could offer quilt-top kits, along with a pattern, to make a quilt-comforter like mine.

SmallBeauty2jpg

This quilt is set on-point, so the square patches actually display as diamonds. It is designed to be turned inside out instead of bound, tied at each patch intersection, and filled with a poufy, inexpensive comforter from Ikea (though you can use batting, if you like). The Ikea comforter can be purchased both at the Ikea store and on-line.

Small Beautyjpg

Please note that these sizes are smaller than standard quilts or comforters. Modeled after old-fashioned eiderdowns, this quilt is meant to sit mostly on top of your mattress, and doesn’t have a long overhang.

SmallBeauty3jpg

The approximate finished sizes are: Toddler 42" x 58" (107cm x 147cm); Throw 58" x 58" (147cm x 147cm); Twin 58" x 80" (147cm x 203cm); Full/Queen 80" x 80" (203cm x 203cm); King 101" x 80" (257cm x 203cm).

CoverBeautyjpg

To make the Calicozy ComfyQuilt, you will need to purchase the Calicozy ComfyQuilt PDF pattern, available only as a digital download, HERE.

And then if you are interested, you can purchase a quilt-top kit (please note that the kits are for the TOP ONLY) in one of several colorways, shown below. Click on each image to be taken to my web shop where you may purchase a kit for one of five sizes.

MARJORAM

Marjoram800x960

KETTLESTRINGS

Kettlestrings800x960

TWILIGHT

Twilight800x960

MORNING SONG

Morning Song

MELBA

Melba

PEASEBLOSSOM

Peaseblossom800x960

VERBENA

VerbenaFlat800

Please note that the virtual tops shown here are an approximation of the prints and solids you will receive with this quilt-top kit. The kit you receive will include vintage cotton calicos and non-vintage cotton solid fabrics already cut for you into 4.25" (11cm) strips. Because these print fabrics are vintage and available in limited supply, you may not receive every fabric pictured, but you will receive 15 unique fabrics that are consistent with the overall colorway presented. Each kit includes enough fabric to make the top for each quilt size as described. I believe that all of the print fabrics are vintage, and 100% cotton, but I can't absolutely guarantee it.

We do ship overseas! To place your order, you will be required to read this information, which contains details about international shipping and customs fees you may incur when ordering outside the U.S. (If you are overseas, the shipping cost charged by Posie does not include any further charges you may incur when importing goods.) To see the shipping-only costs for your order and location, just place the items in your cart and choose your location (or enter your zip code, if you are in the U.S.) and it will tell you how much the shipping is. As usual, I have a sincere request: Please check on and update your shipping address correctly in your Paypal preferences so that there is no confusion when we go to ship. If you do need to add things to your order or change your address after you've placed the order, just email me and we'll figure it out, no worries! I just like to remind people of this ahead of time, because it's a bit easier.

Thank you, as always, for your enthusiasm for and interest in my work and in these kits. I will keep making these as long as there is interest, so if you miss out this time, more will be coming.

If you have any questions, leave them in the comments and I will get back to you here. Thank you!

How extraordinary and wonderful- a sell out at 9:31! I'm going to try again at 4:00, so thankful for second chances.
Happy for you!

Oh my did I miss it again, I guess it's just not meant to be for me! Congratulations to you lucky ladies.

Mary Ann in Vermont says: April 26, 2017 at 10:45 AM

How utterly super-duper special for you, Alicia! I love all of your offerings!
xo

Congratulations! I'm so loving that you list the Kona solid colors with the descriptions of each quilt--thank you!

So as not to confuse people, especially internationally, we're on Daylight time now, not Standard, but for simplicity you can just say Pacific Time year-round and you will always be correct!

Hi there Alicia! I'm not a quilter, but I did want to say that when my kids were littles, it was quite the feat to get two four-year-olds away from the tot lot. So we came up with a simple plan that worked every time - "Goodbye swing, goodbye slide, goodbye horsey" and "See you again soon". Four is fun, fun, fun!

Christine says: April 26, 2017 at 01:02 PM

I am so happy I was able to buy a kit. I also plan to make one inspired by you but with different colors (golds, greens, reds, browns)to go in a specific room in my house.

This is unrelated but yesterday was my daughter's 6th birthday. For the past three years I have given her a little animal friend sewn with your patterns (her brother has received the mouse and fox) After she opened all her presents she said I forgot to make her an animal. I thought that was so sweet and funny.

Melba quilt shows available in toddler...the price showing is $208 and that's what show's in the cart when we are ready to pay. However in the box where we choose product it shows toddler $67.00 is the available. I'm a bit confused. :) Thanks for sharing your talents Alicia. It all looks beautiful.

Oooopsie! Fixed now. Sorry about that -- thanks Angela! xo

Sandy Emery says: April 26, 2017 at 05:05 PM

I was on the bus in Seattle on my way to my weekly volunteer stint when I looked at my phone at 9:30 this morning. I thought, "Oh, It's time for Alicia's quilt kit sale." I hopped on my iPhone, pulled up the site, chose which I wanted and the size, entered all my info and pressed submit. AND I GOT IT!! I was so surprised, especially after how quickly things sold out last time. This morning I thought, "Well, it's worth a try. What do I have to lose?" $105 is what i had to lose. Gladly! Thank you.

I sure hope people will share photos of their finished quilts somewhere that they'll be find-able, like on instagram! I have at least one other quilt to finish before I can start mine (from my own stash).

Thank you Alicia!! My order went through! I look forward to work with the quilt and learn more about quilts as well. Thanks again!!

Laura Smartt says: April 26, 2017 at 06:17 PM

Thanks Alicia,

I did get one!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all your hard work in putting this all together.

What have I got to lose? $105-gladly....HA! I love it. Alicia- you are a ROCK STAR!!! I am so happy for you. By the way, I was wouldn't touch "Twilight" with a 10 foot pole as it contains my dinner napkin fabric from my 1992 bridal shower. So I can vouch for the authenticity. One of these days I WILL buy the pattern though- sometime before my sweet girl leaves for college- only 3 years away. Oh my.
I love the your work and am so happy to your sweet family. Hugs- Lori

I love YOUR work and am so happy for YOUR sweet family. Geesh- wine. Hugs -Lori

When I was 7 my mother made me a quilt. I can remember her cutting the squares. Yellow background with tiny green roses, green with white roses, white with yellow roses. As I fell asleep at night I could hear the sewing machine run downstairs in the sewing room. Then my grandmother came over and we couldn't walk through the front room. They placed the quilt on the wooden loom and sewed in batting and some felt. Not much of a seamstress at 7 they let me pull a few strands of green yarn through with the largest needle I'd ever seen. The quilt matched the table skirt and the skirt topper ( it was the 70's, I might have gotten a Holly Hobby dress out of the same material). It covered my bed until I was 15 and thought it was too babyish. When my daughter was learning to sit up she did so on that apple green and yellow quilt. Maybe when I have grandchildren I'll pull it out of the cupboard and they too can sit and play with the yarn.

Tammra, what a lovely memory to share. Heartening for me to hear. I have made two "quilts of love," as we call them, for my daughters, 5 and 9. I have never thought to hope for a life for these quilts beyond my girls, but the idea of one of their babes sitting on one is precious and is making my heart flutter. The sound of your mother running a sewing machine downstairs while you were falling asleep sounds so cozy and comforting - just the kind of feeling I want for my girls. Thank you.

gloria g. Walls says: April 26, 2017 at 09:01 PM

Wow, you have quite the business.....I am a quilter for almost 40 years now.......and I too love fabric.......Thanks for sharing......love all the combinations.

gloria g. Wellborn, FL

They are all so pretty! I love the names of each color way. So sweet!!

Mona Snowden says: April 27, 2017 at 09:25 AM

Hi Alicia! I'm so thrilled that I was able to purchase one of these kits this time! I've been quilting for over 40 years (Yikes!) and after having made some very complicated patterns, I always return to my favorites.......Log Cabins, and/or squares sewn together, either straight set or on point. I just think they are so charming and "quilty". I will probably use a traditional batting and hand quilt mine.....another thing I love doing. Love all of your wonderful creativity, either in your photography, sewing, knitting or crochet. Thank you for sharing your lovely talents, and sweet family, with us all.
Mona

Oh, my! Those are just lovely. And gone. Sad.

I'm so excited! What a wonderful inspiration this quilt will be! Now I just need to learn how to thread the unused machine that my sister passed along to me. I've tried watching videos on how to thread the machine but I can't seem to follow along. Oh no! Maybe I'll just carry the machine into a JoAnne Fabrics and ask the experts for help. lol My Nama sewed and I wish she was still here to ask!

Alicia, have a look at the photo's on this fun blog. http://peonyandbee.tumblr.com/
Scroll down and you'll see something very familiar.
It's your former living room. ❤️

PS. Loving the quilt updates!

wow what a sale! you are working it! congrats on another quilt-palooza!

I saw this https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/163412/patchwork and thought of you and all the other quilters! A board game called Patchwork. I am wondering if this is some for Memes too down the road. I love your quilts and you inspire me. I just haven't jumped in that pool yet!