Daisychain ABCs Crewelwork Sampler Kit

Daisychain2

Is now available for pre-order! SOLD OUT! THANK YOU!!! PDF coming soon!

This kit will include:

Pre-cut 100% cotton fabric with the design already printed
Appleton's 2-ply crewel yarn in nine assorted colors
Two crewel needles
Easy-to-follow instructions and diagrams
Illustrated stitch glossary for every stitch used

You will need your own:

Scissors
Embroidery hoop
Frame (my sampler is shown in an 11" x 14" frame) and framing supplies
Porch swing
Halter top
Peach lemonade
8-track to play "Sister Golden Hair"
WARM WEATHER

Daisychain3

As I mentioned, we are hoping to assemble kits during the month of May and have everything shipped by mid-June. In some ways, the shipping date depends on how many orders come in. If a lot of orders come in, we may have to order more crewel wool (which comes from England) and that will take some extra time. But the first people to order will be the first to receive their kits, so I really encourage you not to wait to order. Our kits always sell out, and I want to make sure that everyone who wants one gets one. I'll leave the pre-orders open until May 10.

As usual, we will ship overseas. To see the shipping costs for your location, just place the items in your cart and choose your location (or enter your zip code, if you are in the U.S.) and it will tell you how much the shipping is. Also as usual, I have a sincere request: Please check on and update your shipping address correctly in your Paypal preferences so that there is no confusion when we go to ship. We have a kind of a complicated system for making sure that everyone gets what they ordered on time, and post-ordering emails requesting address changes really mess with that when there are a lot of orders coming in at once, so if you can get it all straight before placing your order, I would be ever so very, very grateful. Thank you.

I spent all day yesterday trying to untangle the complicated shopping cart system I have going on in my web shop. There are three different genres of things for sale in the shop: Kits and supplies, downloadable crochet patterns, and downloadable sewing patterns. Kits and supplies orders that need to be physically shipped go directly through Paypal. To view the cart for them, click on the button at the top of the site that says "View Cart for Kits and Supplies." Crochet patterns go through Ravelry and are purchased one at a time. Sewing patterns go through another digital products service and can be purchased several at a time; to view the cart for them, click on the button at the top of the site that says "View Cart for Patterns Only." Kind of complicated, I know, but I'm going to try to reconfigure my shopping system this summer. If you have any confusion, just let me know and I will help steer you in the right direction.

Daisychain4

A downloadable PDF of the Daisychain ABCs sampler pattern ONLY (not the kit, just the pattern) will be available, but not until sometime in June, after all of the kits have been shipped.

I absolutely loved making this. It is not hard, but it will keep you happy/busy for a while. That's what embroidery is all about, for me. I think we all need quiet time in life to do pretty little things like this. I know I do.

What else. I think that's it. My brain is fried. If you have any questions, just let me know! Thank you!!!

*Friday Update: THANK YOU everyone, so much, for all of your kind words and your orders! So excited here! Thank you! xo

A few answers to questions that have come up:

Is this a project for beginners? Well, my answer to that is always, if you love it you can do it — embroidery just takes practice, you can rip out and redo anything you don't like, and there are illustrations to help you work through all of the stitches (which are quite basic: stem stitch, backstitch, satin stitch, French knot, chain stitch, and lazy daisy, among a few others). That said, it's a fairly big piece (the frame in my photos is 11" x 17", to give you an idea of scale) with some small, detailed parts, so it's a bit ambitious in that way. But, you know, of course I think you can do it!

Can you recommend a good beginner's embroidery book? Why, yes! There is an absolutely wonderful book called Embroidery Companion: Classic Designs for Modern Living by Alicia Paulson that you will just love!!!

;-)

Does the background fabric in the kit come in white (or some other color)? And does it come with any other letters, from other language alphabets? No, just mustard, and just these 26 letters. :-)

Will the hoop and scissors and twill tape ship separately, or with the kit? The supplies will ship with the kits, in June.

Will this be available later, or again next year? Probably not. I'll be onto something else by then.

What are the finished dimensions? The sampler is designed to fit into an 11" x 14" frame. There is a 3" margin of fabric all the way around the design area to give you something to hold onto while you're stitching, and to help with stretching during the framing phase.

And yes, I will definitely be doing a framing tutorial for you in the coming weeks. :-) Okay, back Monday! Thank you!

May 10, 2011 Update: The kits are completely sold out now. THANK YOU to everyone who pre-ordered! The PDF of the pattern only will be available soon. Thank you!

Maybe you've already answered this, but any chance you can tell me what colors you used so I can get them? This is so beautiful! I wish I had seen it when you were offering the kits.

jennifer medina says: December 17, 2012 at 02:17 PM

Hello I have already ordered this pdf file for the ABC crewel work pattern earlier this year. Sadly, my computer crashed and I did not back up my data.....do I have to buy this again? thanks

carmo afonso says: January 05, 2014 at 01:44 PM

I have finished my abc love it going to get framed thank you I love it carmo

Looks good .

Christine says: June 02, 2014 at 05:14 AM

I love the pattern and am considering buying the pdf but wonder how you transfer to fabric? Free hand? If that's the case, I think I will have to pass... darn it!!

Typepad HTML Email

Hi Christine,

Yes, you do have to trace the design onto the fabric by hand – instructions
for how to do that are included. We are trying to make more printed panels for
the shop but I don’t have a date for when that will be available, as this
pattern is several years old and we have some new things we need to finish
first. Please join the mailing list at aliciapaulson.com and I will let you know
when the panels are ready, if you’re interested. Thank you! xo, alicia

x x x o x x
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
A L I C I A P A U L S O
N
Posie: Patterns and Kits to Stitch by Alicia
Paulson
www.aliciapaulson.com

From: Typepad

Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 5:14 AM

To: alicia@aliciapaulson.com

Subject: [Posie Gets Cozy] Christine submitted a comment to
Daisychain ABCs Crewelwork Sampler Kit

A
new comment from “Christine” was received on the post “Daisychain
ABCs Crewelwork Sampler Kit” of the blog “Posie Gets Cozy”.

Comment:
I
love the pattern and am considering buying the pdf but wonder
how you transfer to fabric? Free hand? If thats the case, I
think I will have to pass... darn it!!

Commenter name: Christine
Commenter email: mailto:cflowers59@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20Comment%20on%20%22Daisychain%20ABCs%20Crewelwork%20Sampler%20Kit%22body=%3E%20I%20love%20the%20pattern%20and%20am%20considering%20buying%20the%20pdf%20but%20wonder%20how%20you%20transfer%20to%20fabric%3F%20%20Free%20hand%3F%20If%20thats%20the%20case%2C%20I%20think%20I%20will%20have%20to%20pass...%20darn%20it!!%20%0A%0A

IP address: 50.202.180.222

180
Townsend Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
Manage
Notifications | Support | Terms
of Service | Privacy
Policy

Hi! I just ordered the PDF only since the kits have been sold out for quite some time, but was wondering where I might find that mustard colored quilter's cotton! I want to stay true to the colors you used as much as possible :)

Will you have any more of the ABC sampler? I hope so because I would love to purchase a kit.

Hi! I was wondering if there is a PDF version of this for purchase?

Laura Brubaker says: December 26, 2014 at 08:54 AM

I have looked for a very long time for crewel work that I liked enough to do. So sad to see it is not available. Any chance you have a new website where I can find someting nice to order or this exact one?

Daisy Debs says: August 28, 2015 at 02:29 PM

Hallo , O.K so I just bought my download of your gorgeous Daisychain ABC Sampler ! Hooray ! : ) Please can you tell me what is this "Quilter's Cotton " Is there an English equivalent to it ..will I be able to buy it here in England ?Anyone know or advise me PLEASE ?. I have done a lot of crewel embroidery and am used to using a much heavier weight of cotton or even linen ? I really want to embroider this in Crewel wool .
Also what is the colour of this Quilters Cotton, that you have used please ?
Thankyou in advance Daisy Debs x

Amazing work, particularly the words a,c,l,n,q,r & w are very creative and beautiful.

Gina Smith says: March 01, 2017 at 12:32 PM

Helloooo again! Any chance the 'amazing Andy Paulson' will be silkscreening any more of these samplers for ready-to-stitch? I would so love to buy 1-2 more, maybe on just a light white background. Hope all is well with you and yours. Loved reading all about the dollhouse! Thanks! Gina Smith Lilly*s of London*ish Gina2424 Pinterest

I purchased this pattern a few years ago and made one and want to make another. I still have the ABC PDF but I can't find/remember where the instructions are for what stitches are needed, help me (please 😁)

Jamie DeMumbrum says: February 21, 2020 at 04:27 AM

Hi, Alicia,

I bought this PDF years ago. (To "save money," I did not buy the kit.) The fabric that I bought is not the mustard you used, and one letter in, I realized it was not going to look (nearly) as good as yours. So I stopped. I recently dug it back out and would like to do it properly.

Can you tell me the specifics of the fabric? (Is it 14, 16, 18 ct.? Linen? Aida? and Where can I find it?)

Thanks so much for reaching into your memory/digital files for the specifics, if it's not too much to ask...I love your sense of beautiful things and design.

Best always,
Jamie DeMumbrum

Summer Jones says: March 24, 2020 at 11:05 AM

Hey! I love this! Can this be done with DMC thread instead?