Sending Love

Cinnybuns

Sending love and endless gratitude to all of those who don't have the luxury of working from or staying at home right now, like grocery store clerks, bus and delivery drivers, airport employees, and especially our first responders, doctors, and health-care workers. Like nurses. Especially nurses. XOX

I hope you are all doing well in spite of circumstances. I am slowly getting my mind around all of this and navigating every emotion, it seems. I know you all are, too, and I wish you every moment of strength, peace, and calm that you can find. I can see we are going to need a big project around here, and I'm not sure what that will be. Maybe starting some seeds? That might be too passive, once the planting is done. . . . Not sure yet.

Take good care and keep the faith!
Love,
Alicia & Co.

Mosaics? Seed bead and perler bead art on a grand scale? You've already got cross-stitch covered. :-) Making up a puppet show (the script! the props! the puppets!) and then recording it to send to everyone?

It *is* very fun watching and waiting for seeds to come up, though, and you can stagger the planting times (which is also helpful for, say, having a continuous supply of lettuce). But yes, there is not much active time in that.

Best wishes to you all, and especially to Andy (whew).

Seeds are my project too. Not too passive, bc once planted you’ll have to love on them each day, keep them warm and fed, and see what music and stories make them grow best! Hang in there!

Kristen from MA says: March 17, 2020 at 12:09 PM

Thinking of and praying for Andy, and for all our healthcare workers--and for all their families, too! Thank you Andy!!

Catherine says: March 17, 2020 at 12:53 PM

Sending good thoughts to you and yours...our local animal shelter is needing something called "snuffle mats" they do take a while to make and the animals enjoy them.

Loads of love from Hungary.

Amy in Texas says: March 17, 2020 at 01:41 PM

Tell Andy thank you and thank you to you and Amelia as well for sharing him with those who need him.

Jenn in Denver says: March 17, 2020 at 01:58 PM

Just wanted to let you know that the thing that’s keeping me calm and sane is working on My Sweetie Pie ABCs! Thank you and sending good wishes to you and your family!

Thanks for the nice message you sent out to your devoted readers. We're staying home and cooking from scratch. And your cinnamon rolls make me want to make some! Wishing you, Andy and Amelia the best. I'm worried about him! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Gail, in northern California says: March 17, 2020 at 04:01 PM

Make cards for grandparents or any others who might be housebound for health reasons.

By the looks of Walmart shelves I would say the people around here are planning on staying home. Many thanks to your husband for his work during such crisis. I imagine your daughter is working in lots of cute projects now that she has to stay home. School closing all around here and Iowa as well. Share with us which ones was her favorites. Thank you for your message and keep healthy!!

Thanks to Nurse Andy! My big project will be pruning and weeding my yard and then staining the cedar picket fence that encloses our city property. It will be a big job, but I love to be outside!

Warm thank for medical and paramedical staff and all persons who have to work despite of the situation.
Lot of love from Geneva, Switzerland ❤️

Thank you, Alicia! You are a sweetheart. Sending love your way, as well. And special thoughts for the special nurse in your family.

My "big project" is sewing pretty masks out of the remnants of cotton double gauze in my fabric stash, as Japan is all sold out of them. There is even a swimsuit manufacturer here that has switched to making masks out of their swimsuit material to help meet demand. This is also a wonderful time to remember Elizabeth Zimmerman's motto: Knit on with confidence and hope, through all crises.

Blessings on you and yours!

My husband was given two weeks off with pay so we are going to paint a bedroom and I'm going to fix it up in the shabby chic style I've grown to love. Maybe hang a chandelier. We have plenty to keep us busy for a month or two if it comes to that. Is Mimi's school closed? You will be busy then if it is. Blessings to you and your household.

THANK YOU ANDY! I can't imagine the stress of this all on your family with him at OHSU. Stay safe and send him and his coworkers the internet's love!

I've been following you for years and have always appreciated your lovely blog. It's comforting now more than ever and I thank you for that.

I know Andy is in the medical field and I'm sending so much gratitude his way as well as your family's. It's got to be such a challenging time for you all.

Take great care. ~L

Constance Ward says: March 17, 2020 at 10:35 PM

Thank you, Alicia. Your blog is sustenance in good times and especially in frightening times like now. My husband and two sons are involved in health care-doctor, nurse and medical student-sending them off each day to work is tough. Thank goodness for them and Andy and all those who are prepared to serve the sick. Stay well and hanitize the heck out of everything. with much love - c

Seed sowing here today. The garden is wonderful therapy at this time I find. Sending lots of love to you Paulson family. Andy you are doing a fabulous job, so much admiration for the healthcare workers.

Helen Todora says: March 18, 2020 at 03:59 AM

Sending you a hug. Stay safe.

Sending much love back to you and huge appreciation for all those who are helping to keep us physically and mentally better than we might have been. I shall be gardening, cooking and plan to write cards and letters to my two little grandchildren who live close but won’t see us for a while.

Ginene Nagel says: March 18, 2020 at 04:29 AM

It was comforting to receive your post this morning, Alicia, like a message from home. The first email I read was from Amazon saying that my monthly shipment of Iams cat food would be unavailable this month. Hmmm, now what, kittens?
Ginene

I'm glad to hear everyone in your house is still okay! I work for a large University, and I am an employee that must report to work in order to assist students that are staying on-campus. When I am home, I have been reading books, glancing through the archives of my favorite blogs, and knitting. In these unprecedented times, I feel that it is better to have stayed away from productivity and work to focus on what brings me joy and peace.

Thank you so much for posting ...like a message from a friend. Sending gratitude to the whole Paulson family!

Sending warm wishes for good health and peace for you and your family. (yes, and especially nurses!)