October Birthday

14Phone3

14Phone4

14Phone10

16Day3

16Day4a

14Day3

Oh, this girl. I love her so. She is such a sweetheart. Her birthday was lovely. It started the day before her birthday and went through the weekend. She wore her fancy dress for much of it. She decorated her own cake. She is so big and grown up and wonderful. I was so grateful that her family and friends celebrated her, near and far. We rented a pavilion in the park on Saturday and the weather could not have been more glorious. It was a busy and delightful week (and in the middle of it all, schoolwork!). We go big! But how can we not! Baby girl is already nine years old!!!

(Big pavilion photo by my darling Holly Klein.)

These photos are magical -- just what every 9-year-old girl would want her birthday to look like, I think!

Also, how amazing is that cake she decorated?!

Happy birthday to your sweet girl!

It was my youngest Daughters birthday Saturday as well but she was 11. It's scary how quickly the years fly by isn't it. She also celebrated with some school friends and had a truly lovely day. It looks like you had a great weekend too.

Kristen from MA says: October 18, 2021 at 02:51 PM

I'm amazed and a little alarmed that she's 9 - where has the time gone?

Happy Birthday to sweet Mimi.

Ahhh! Love your Mosser Glass cake stand! I just bought the same one but in jadeite to use for my daughter’s 7th birthday, also on Oct. 14. The pink is beautiful too! Happy birthday to your lovely 9 year old!

love the way you decorated your birthday cake!
Happy Birthday!
Thank You for sharing it with us! ❤️

OMG, last year of single digits. So big! It sounds like she had a wonderful birthday weekend. Huge birthday wishes for her! :)

Magical indeed! Her beautiful expressions of happiness, the whimsical cake, her sweet birthday dress...truly everything! So much love and joy captured here, I can't stop smiling. Happy birthday wishes! xo

I've been following you for many years and this is my favorite set of photos. They made me happy. That cake is just so pretty! Love the birthday dress!

Barbara Snyder says: October 19, 2021 at 05:49 AM

How can time fly by SO FAST!? I have been following you since before you got your beautiful girl and it has been such a joy to hear your stories. Bless you and your family, and happy birthday, darling baby girl!

Ann Collins says: October 19, 2021 at 06:06 AM

Happy birthday to your lovely daughter. That pink dress is so pretty that I wish I had one when I was her age! It even looks like it might have some glitter on it too.

Happy birthday Amelia. What a fabulous dress, a fabulously decorated cake and a fabulous happy clever girl!

Catherine Werden says: October 19, 2021 at 12:29 PM

Happy Birthday Amelia! Her weekend looks lovely! And her bedroom is just magical! Hope you all had a wonderful time. Can't believe she is 9 already :)

Happy Birthday to your darling girl! I love her dress and how she looks just like a princess in it. Can't believe she is already nine.

mary - Heritage Hall says: October 19, 2021 at 03:24 PM

What a wondrous life you give Amelia, the consummate birthday cake
icer... That princess dress could win prizes for appropriate and the
princess who donned it is a remarkable and beautiful soul to behold. Radiant pictures that warm the heart and make one smile. A blessed
Birthday dear Amelia, kindred October girl.

Happy Birthday! What a beautiful cake. Everything looks cheery and glowing… just what you’d hope for a good celebration!

Happy birthday to darling Amelia! It's hard to believe she's nine years old already. And she did a great job decorating her cake!

Happy Birthday Beautiful! It's crazy to think she's 9! She's making me feel old! I've followed since long before she was born!

Happy birthday Mimi! Be happy and always shine bright!
I can not believe that I read your blog for so many years, I still remember the post when Amelia was born! And all this wonderful handmade clothes before that. And after that. I love this blog and so grateful that you share your life and crafts with all of us!

It has gone by so fast hasn’t it? (besides 2020 and most of 2021, they were excruciating;).
My boy turned 9 in August, I can hardly believe it. He says and does the most grown up things now! And he’s so kind and caring. Then, he will do something like roll off the couch in a silly fit of giggles and I know he’s still partially little. Enjoy!

Colleen Moran says: October 20, 2021 at 10:40 AM

Happy birthday Amelia! What lovely photos, I so enjoy you sharing her with your readers. And that wrapping paper is extraordinary. Where did you find it??

Was there no birthday crown this year? I look forward to these fabulous handmade creations every October!

I have a November birthday and I'm going to take a page from your baby girl and celebrate just like she does. I'm going to wear my party dress all day (even when I'm working), invite my friends to celebrate in a park with me, and decorate my cake liberally with icing. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

What a lovely celebration--Happy Birthday to your girl!

Every October I go back and read the posts from October 2012. They give me so much joy and peace. Happy Birthday Mimi, we are so glad you are here!

Happy birthday sweet girl!! I love how she decorated her cake! Well...her teacher is a master! Love her dress!